Saturday, January 28, 2012

Going Places!! (Hopefully!!)


My dad in his Navy Days!!
 I am planning of visiting my aunt this spring in New Mexico. Our family, as far as I can tell, were a bunch of pack rats when it comes to family history, heirlooms, etc. I remember she kept photos of everything and has a bunch of stories, I know my dad sure did!! I'm hoping that she will still be around when that time comes, she's not getting any younger. I'm excited, and nervous, to go there. I don't want to be too late in seeing her, I would be very sad and sorry that I didn't do it sooner!

   So a note to everyone out there who is interested in family history, stories, etc... get stories and information from the relatives around you now, don't procrastinate!! You'll blink and before you know it, the time is gone, and so are they.... Happy hunting everyone!!
  My dad passed away July 7, 2006 when I was 16 from lung cancer. He was a Navy SeaBEE during the Vietname war, and he was a whole case full of metals to prove it!!
 He was born April 2, 1935, so he was about 54 when I was born! =) 
He farmed, ranched, and worked for the National Park sericve in Chaco canyon, NM, Glen Canyon, Lake Powell, and Great Basin National Park. He FINALLY retired in 1998(?) and continued to farm and ranch, and raise me and my three sisters =) Yes, he was a very brave man!! He was burined in Cimarron, NM next to his mother and father. A lot of my family is also buried in Elizabeth Town, NM, which I also plan of visiting!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment